Monday, March 19, 2007

If Pinkberry were in Second Life...

This posting may be a little off topic, but is an assignment for class. The questions is, if Pinkberry where to come into Second Life, what would I tell them?

I would tell Pinkberry to create an island using the color scheme of white, pink and green throughout to give the island an over all theme. I would suggest a virtual Pinkberry store, where SL avatars can purchase Pinkberry frozen yogurt. And I would make the frozen yogurt customizable, just like at the stores. The overall feel should be professional, yet casual and simple. Complicated islands get confusing and avatars can get lost. They should provide a seating area both inside the store and out so avatars can hang out. A link to the web page is a must. I would let Pinkberry know that SL is a great opportunity to market their product and find out what consumers think and feel and what they would like to see change. They should also have an employee avatar on the island to answer an questions and take these suggestions. SL has proved to be an excellent marketing tool for other companies and I think Pinkberry should grasp the opportunity at hand.
You can check out the Pinkberry website at: www.pinkberry.com
You can also check out Second Life at: www.secondlife.com

Have fun, amigos!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I agree with you about Second Life! I am creating a media plan for Bloomsberry & Co. chocolate company and I feel that SL would be a very good place to market the product and see how people are liking the product. Decoding consumer attitudes are very important. I also am thinking about freebies, too. In the real world, I love freebies, so Second Life avatars should be able to have some, too. It would creat some hype for my product. To read more about Bloomsberry & Co. chocolate and my blog on product placement, visit http://playproduct.blogspot.com/.

Kim Gregson said...

the one thing i learned at the conference - gotta have social opportunities including events to be successful in SL

the hanging out spot might fit in as a social spot - but why come there? need some reason to go places in real life and in secondlife

needs a little more thought